Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

This year had turned out to be one of great change and unexpected adventure! Looking back to where we were was last year in January and the direction that we thought our lives were heading is a little mind blowing. It just goes to show that nobody knows the future except for God. No matter how much you plan, and organize and pursue the things you think are best, God usually has a different plan. We are so glad that He has brought us to Malawi and that we have this opportunity to get a different perspective on life. My New Years Resolution is to pursue that whole heartedly and for the first time try not to get in the way of what He wants for my life. It is a such a relief to just surrender and be in this place right here and now! So I will go on teaching these amazing students that God has given me and Josh will continue to work on improving and building the ABC campus and ministering to lives of all he comes in contact with throughout his day.

Here are some pictures from this year and some of people and places around us that we have gotten to visit. I hope you enjoy them...































5 comments:

Jack Forness said...

So cool! You both look so great...but I miss you both so much! love, Uncle Jack

Margaret said...

Em - love the pictures! You and Josh look very happy. We miss you tons and wish you both a great 2009!

The Lewis Family said...

You guys do look great!!! But I miss hearing your cute voice Em!!

The McDonalds said...

This comment has nothing to do with your post. I just wanted to tell you I almost chose this layout for our blog. I guess great minds think alike.

Bonnie said...

Hi Sweeties -
I love your new layout!! You look great AND we miss you!! We are counting the days until you come home.
xoxoxoxo
Aunt Honey

background